The Brink Of Disaster

"The tiger in my tank/ is going to go extinct/ And I'm not feelin' so good myself/ I think I'm on the brink of disaster!"

At last! My own little corner of dysfunction and ranting available whenever and wherever you choose. And yes, it is all about me.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

I Cannot Even Begin To Tell You...

Just how stressful it is trying to find an apartment and a roommate from 1,500 miles away.

I'm sure it would be tough enough if I were like all the other kids, but it adds levels of complexity being:

1) 30. That's, like, seven years older than the average first-year law student. They all think I'm an old foagie, and, well, they're sort of right. I don't want to put up with their post-adolescent drama.

2) Gay. Do you have any idea how much this frightens post-adolescent boys? It is just stupid.

3) In Possession of a Graduate Degree. This ties into the age issue and has a lot to do with my lack of interest in putting up with post-adolescent drama, aka 20-something bullshit. It's OK. I had my own 20-something bullshit to live through, and I lived through it. I don't begrudge anyone freaking out every now and then in their 20s. But, now I have 30-something bullshit to live through, and I'd prefer to avoid getting wrapped up in more drama than I have to. I've already tried that, and it landed me in therapy and on medication. Not altogether a bad trip, but one I'm already on and one whose duration I would prefer to limit.

Seriously, though: I've lived with relapsing/remitting clinical depression for 15 years. It was time to do something about it. Any other chemical imbalance I would have learned how to manage long ago. But the point is, I am managing it now in a more productive fashion than I ever have before, and that's a good thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home