The Brink Of Disaster

"The tiger in my tank/ is going to go extinct/ And I'm not feelin' so good myself/ I think I'm on the brink of disaster!"

At last! My own little corner of dysfunction and ranting available whenever and wherever you choose. And yes, it is all about me.

Sunday, January 11, 2004

Running

2.2 mi., 22.38.68, 13 degrees centigrade, 42% relative humidity.

It's been a long time since I've been out there, but it was a pretty good run. I actually ran for 16.45.62 and broke it up with 5.53.06 of walking.

One of the great things about running is the clarity it often brings. While I do fear failure, I'm being paralyzed by far more than that. When it comes right down to it, I fear being normal, average, less-than whom I've always considered myself to be, and the truly frightening thing about this fear is that I'm completely in control of who I turn out to be. So do I have the courage--the determination, the desire--to eliminate the superfluous from my life and commit to the necessities of my goals?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home