The Brink Of Disaster

"The tiger in my tank/ is going to go extinct/ And I'm not feelin' so good myself/ I think I'm on the brink of disaster!"

At last! My own little corner of dysfunction and ranting available whenever and wherever you choose. And yes, it is all about me.

Friday, December 12, 2003

I Had a Dream

Last night I had a dream. It was a rather silly dream (I'm also a little crocked right now, so if my English is a little fucked up, that's why). I dreamt that I was participating in a round-table discussion with the President of the United Sates, my friend D&D Guy and my friend The Rev. As you might imagine, I was getting a little lippy, so ol' Georgie Boy took me out into the hall to have a little conversation with me. I don't remember all the details, but the important part was this. Our esteemed C-in-C was so frustrated with my commentary and criticism that he asked me to start publishing my opinions so that he could have me arrested and charged with treason. "Well, okay," my dream-self thought as we re-entered the meeting.

As Georgie and I sat back down to our conversation, I asked the President what the penalty was for inciting someone to treason. Without any sense of irony at all (so far as my dream-self could discern), the President looked straight at me and said, "well, then you gotta go to jail." I realize that this is all my dream, but never once did my imaginary (oh, don't I wish this was all a terrible nightmare) interlocutor recognize his complicity in my purported treason. Sad, sad, sad.

But that was rather silly, wasn't it? In an ironic sort of way, I mean.

All of which is to explain why I added the My Politics heading to my menu column. I figured if I was going to be accused of treason in my dreams I'd damned well better be making use of my First Amendment rights in the here and now and not be pissing away my chance to communicate while I've got it.

That, and I can't let Pats be more political than me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home