The Brink Of Disaster

"The tiger in my tank/ is going to go extinct/ And I'm not feelin' so good myself/ I think I'm on the brink of disaster!"

At last! My own little corner of dysfunction and ranting available whenever and wherever you choose. And yes, it is all about me.

Monday, November 17, 2003

Getting Started, Part 2

You know me, I take absolutely nothing seriously…

You have just met Yin, so I guess I should introduce myself – I am Yang. Often, I am the flip side of the Master’s brain, so when we work together, it always makes for an interesting ride. I play the Patsy to his Edina. I am the college roommate that drove him crazy. I facilitated his “library cubicle oasis” born research with questions such as, “So, what you are saying is that St. Augustine is really a black man?” I made him fight his way out of the funk that is commonly known as the “growing up” of our formative college years. I drove him fruit. And he deserved it. The bitch outed me at a graduation party. And I thank him daily for doing so, as I cannot even begin to fathom what my life would be like without him. He is one my best friends. And you know that you have a good life when you have a good friend.

In most major religious constructs, there is always a balance. A harmonious “good cop – bad cop” relation between Supreme Beings, if you will. God and Satan. Obi-Wan and Darth Vader. Allah and George W. Bush (but you will have to figure out which is the bad guy in that diametric). If you take one of these players away, the other will throw the balance of the universe off, creating havoc that will surely end the world. That is how I feel about Eds. Surely, if he ever went away, I would immediately self implode in an act of karma keeping the universe in it’s chaotic balance. That being said, while it is my duty to play the antagonist, egging him on to achieve brilliance (and having to point it out to him when he does, cuz he isn’t too quick on recognizing his own self worth, damnit. I am still working on that.) – it is also my duty to protect him, because without him, I would cease to exist. And that wouldn’t be a lot of fun for me.

Please have your tickets ready, and enjoy the ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home